Monday, October 14, 2013

Solo ride to Muthathi

 Solo Ride to Muthathi


About Muthathi :

Muthathi is a village which is situated on the bank of the river Kaveri, The area is surrounded by the dense forest and hills, this place has a small temple of Hanuman (Anjaneya) which attracts lots of devotees. 

How far from Bangalore :

Muthathi is 100km away from Bangalore, on the stretch of  SH 209, look for the left deviation point called sathanr around 18km from Kanakpura.

Best Time to Visit Muthathi :

Since this is a river valley, the best time to visit would be during monsoon, or after the monsoon, season, so ideal month to visit would be between July and Dec.


How it went :

Well this is one of the unforgettable ride till now, as I met with an accident rite after reaching Bangalore, this was totally unplanned trip I had done till now. It was Saturday of 23rd June and I was supposed to go for a pooja at my cousin location, but I wasn't interested to go on that day, and stayed back home, but later I really felt bored as there was power cut by 11am, I waited for 15min or so I couldn't wait anymore so took my jacket and bag with a bottle of water started my bike and was heading towards the petrol bunk, meanitime was also deciding on the place to of drive. I finalized the destination as Muthathi as  read in one of the blog that the ride through kollegal forest region is good, this place is around 100km away from Bangalore, it was quite Cloudy and it was perfect for the ride. The traffic was up-to peak and somehow made up till sarakki signal, till you cross the nice junction on kanakpura road you cannot expect the clear road, more over because of the metro construction the traffic was hell.
I hit the nice junction in another 30min, took a break and had tea at the nearby stall, I could see the clear road ahead,  so I hit the highway and was at causing speed, those who want to enjoy via mild forest, they should choose this as the route to reach Mysore, but again this route handles big trucks, so be careful as its a single road, but you will enjoy ride via the curvy forest road,
I had seen some blog mentioning about mavathur lake in kanakpura road which is quie good, I wanted a short ride but due to lack of route knowledge and since native people were not that helpful I had no other option and headed towards Muthathi. At kanakpura I stopped nearby a hotel and had lite lunch, Muthathi was around 50km from this place,  and I had to take deviate at around 20km ahead, I was riding and enjoying the view around, and also  was looking at the sign boards for the directions, finally I could see some boards with distance to Muthathi, I reached sathanur where the deviation to Muthathi begins, believe me after zooming from highway this would be the worst road to ride, the road was full of potholes and patches, I could see more people going towards Muthathi. I maintained a descent pace of 40kmph on this road, 
The road got much worse moving ahead, and some part had only gravels which made the ride horrible and after 8km ride from deviation from sathanur I saw a check-post with police around, I got scared as I didn't get my insurance paper nor my original driving license, I thought of returning back home, but I decided that I came all the way 90km from Bangalore and dont want to go with empty feeling, so I thought of paying some fine to the force and going ahead. As expected I was stopped along with 3 more guys who were on another bike, I only had the duplicate license and the police asked for the insurance papers which I didn't carry, neither the guys who were in front of me had one, we all were asked to pay 1000rs, and I had only 300rs in my pocket, the guys on another bike called someone and made the police to talk to person over  phone, I don't know what was the discussion, the police thought I am also with other three guys ahead and let he me go out the check-post to the Kollegala forest region, well the road got much worst and the ghat section begins, after a while I couldn't see the person who had ahead of me met with a accident, he and his friends misjudged the curve on ghat and hit the mountain ahead, nothing was serious they just had scratches in there body and bike.
I stopped and helped them in lifting the bike and we were more careful for the road ahead, another 20min I was at Muthathi, this place had a small temple of lord hanuman, I visited the temple had darshan and moved towards the river the rainly season had just started and there was considerable amount of water in the river by then.
I roamed around the river and had some snack which was being sold nearby clicking some pics I wasn't interested in getting into the water as I dint carry any extra cloth I was at the river side for a while and then decided to leave back. I Reached my bike, and started toward Bangalore, it started raining by then, I couldn't see much with my helmet visor,so slowly I made up till the check-post I had seen before, and stopped there for a while as the rain was intensified, after half an hour of staying back, the rainfall had weakened so I decided to move ahead, after reaching sathanur the rain had completely stopped, again the weather turned to be awesome for ride,
I continued towards Bangalore with a descent pace of speed, I didn't take any break in between till I Reached nice road junction, after reaching the junction I called up one of my friend whom I haven't met from long time, it was evening by then I met  my friend, and was going back, the traffic was hell and I was hit by a van while taking turn, the guy pushed me to an empty drain, and my palm was cut by the sharp stone in the drain, people gathered and helped me get me out of drain :P, I was bleeding in my hand, one guy tied up the hanky and asked me to go to hospital, I took my bike and reached a nearby hospital, I got three stitches in the palm and some bruises were treated which were on shoulder and legs, took rest in the hosiptal for a while it was quite late by then so I took my bike and started towards my source(home) which was almost 7km from hospital, it was painful riding the bike that too with traffic around and I had to use my bandaged hand for braking but there was no other option, finally reached home and had a good left a right scolding from parents :)
The next day I took my bike to service center and got fixed the broken elements of bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment